POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Rainer's message

"And in case I haven't said it already, I am assuming nothing fundamental has changed in POET for the worse, except for the equity raise as such. However, the share price reaction is completely disproportionate."

Rainer, when a company in Poet's stage (especially a Venture company) announces an offering such as this, the share price is headed down; that's normal, natural and to be expected.

This whole thing is proceeding like it has many times in the past with other companies, certainly resource companies may lead the list.

What is disproportionate, although predictable, is the reaction of most of the posters.

I think most are prepared for disappointing details of the offering, and that's good, because 9.5 times out of 10, current holders are disappointed with new offerings. It's like the fellow that's trying to lose weight, but is unsure of the foods he must avoid - the classic advice - "chew it, if it tastes good, spit it out." Here, if you find yourself thinking about the offering price being set above the current share price, spit it out of your mind.

And be prepared to put the offering behind you once done. Those that are getting in will likely be rowing in the same direction as us. Heck, they may even help us down the line. It's all in the speculative nature of our investment.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links