POET Technologies Inc.

in response to maing's message

I thought that US institutions (and I believe Canadian as well) would not touch anything that is not on Major Exchange

And stock price is no less than 2.00US

I was thinking this too, but is this crowd (of institutional investors) so rigid in its thinking that exceptions cannot be made when the story is exceptional? Do these people have no capacity to understand the long-term implications of diamond-in-the-rough companies, or do they simply feel that "someone else" should step up and play the Angel role, notwithstanding the well-known successes of the guys out in Silicon Valley who helped Intel, Cisco, etc.?

It seems that POET is in some sense paying an ongoing penalty for the "crime" of its antecedent company being built out of a shell that just happened to be on the Venture Exchange. And then being so focused on developing Taylor's vision that the long-term implications of remaining on that exchange were of little interest compared to the progress in the lab.

There are people out there whose wealth fluctuates multiples of what POET is currently worth just during the time they might take a piss - I cannot believe POET could be under THEIR radar, with all the people that work for them and look out for their financial interests. It would literally be pocket change for some of these people to take a 10% stake (screw the institutions!)... in all likelihood, their investment could be immediately offset in a matter of hours by rises in other parts of their portfolios...

It CAN'T be all about making sure someone else loses when you win...

Please login to post a reply
Moska
City
Dallas
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/31/2014
Social Links