POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Rainer's message

This is very intersting.

To try and aid my understanding of the new patent, I have cherry picked a few key phrases from the opening paragraphs of the section entitled ' Detailed Description of the Preferred Embodiments.

From my understanding of what I read my conclusions on this patent are:

1. This is about the POET process.
  2. The clock is reset on seventeen previous patents by incorporating them in one

Quotes are in bold italics, brackets and plain text are my comments.

Taken From <http://patents.justia.com/patent/9276160

The present application builds upon technology (referred to by the Applicant as “Planar Optoelectronic Technology” or “POET”) that provides for the realization of a variety of devices (optoelectronic devices, logic circuits and/or signal processing circuits) utilizing inversion quantum-well channel device structures as described in detail in:

(there follows a list of 17 Patents.

all of which are hereby incorporated by reference in their entireties. (See Note 1)

With these structures, a fabrication sequence can be used to make the devices on a common substrate. In other words, n type and p type contacts, critical etches, etc. can be used to realize all of these devices simultaneously on a common substrate.

POET can be used to construct a variety of optoelectronic devices. POET can also be used to construct a variety of high performance transistor devices, such as complementary n-channel and p-channel HFET unipolar transistor devices as well as n-type and p-type HBT bipolar transistor devices.

Note 1- This is a key phrase. My count is seventeen previously listed patents.

Sula

Please login to post a reply
sulasailor
City
Chester
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/13/2013