POET Technologies Inc.

In this piece, I won't comment on the market in general, nor specifically to PTI. I think its actually a complete waste of ones time. I have been in for 5 years plus and my average is over $2. Hows that for intelligence ? Over the years I have learned to not try and out guess it, second guess it, or even explain it. Too many factors, too many forces. I purposely don't watch the price on a daily basis.

What I prefer to do, is analyse a business for its products, its people and its overall potential. What attracted me originally to PTI (then OPL), the age and interest in solar. Shortly after, P1 was released. Which then altered my focus. Then, the management was (as has been mentioned more than a few times previously), a bit suspect. It was Peter who managed with an eye towards the technology and the future, to make the changes needed to get us here, and to set his ego aside and express the need for a new regime. So...now a new team, specifically and adroitly chosen to take us to the next level(s).

So with that in mind, I believe there is something brewing from within. Something that we may see before the CC, something that would or may give much more meat to the matter.

Lets look at some items of interest...

....POET Technologies Inc. (the “Company”) signed a contract with BAE Systems under which BAE Systems will provide non-exclusive third-party foundry services in support of the Company’s “Lab-to-Fab” transition plan. The current phase of the work will be performed between March 2015 and August 2015...

<A potential update regarding this process-Have they pulled the wool over our eyes and BAE is in fact working along with other PTI aligned interests ?-Limited to Alfa ?-Or others ?>

........The Company announces the formation of a “Technology Roadmap Advisory Board” comprising of Dr. Geoff Taylor, Ajit Manocha, and Tony Blevins. This Advisory Board collectively has extensive expertise in the semiconductor industry, supply chain management and operations, consumer products, and key technology markets, with over 100 years of combined experience.

This Advisory Board will act as advisors to the Board of Directors and the Executive team with primary focus on optimizing and accelerating the company’s “Lab-to-fab” transition and commercialization plans. “The Company is looking forward to leveraging the newly formed Advisory Board’s semiconductor market expertise and execution track record,” said Mr. Peter Copetti, Executive Co-Chairman and interim CEO.

<TRAB update, possibly further information on its membership-For example will someone be added from the TRAB to the board ?-Why is there one TRAB team member with a visitors jersey ?>

.......The new management team along with Founder & Chief Scientific Advisor Dr. Geoff Taylor, have assessed both internal and outsourced fabrication of POET's disruptive technology and feels that the quickest path to our commercialization goal is through outsourcing. The Board of Directors has fully endorsed the Company's strategy and the prospective path for lab-to-fab-to-commercialization," said Ajit Manocha, Executive Co-chairman.

<This statement in particular conjures up a wide range of interesting ideas and questions-How many out sourcers and how fast will the out sourcing move ? -Why the rush ?>

.......comprehensive discussions are underway with a number of potential foundry and epitaxial wafer partners, we have recently signed memorandums of understanding with some of these companies and expect to continue this process.

<Do the MOU's mentioned, all have the same terms ?-The same specs ?-Do they or will they follow up with LOI's?-Deals ?-Is the reason they are looking at multiple companies, because of the need for large capacities ?>

Please login to post a reply
EileenTeahon
City
New York-Chicago
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/06/2014
Social Links