POET Technologies Inc.

elfenbein, if FJ's role is to get the stock to trade much higher, he's failed in my eyes. To the extent his role is to offer some insight into POET and its tech, I think he has succeeded spectacularly, as have a few others. I really believe he and about half dozen others understand the POET tech far better than most outside the company. So they have confidence it will succeed, just like, I'm thinking, Dr. Taylor does. Guess what, they could all be wrong!! Really smart people that work in biotech, for example, are wrong a lot, but they have confidence that they are right, up to the time they are proven wrong (and sometimes, well past that time). Part of the risk of trying to get super rich, with great leverage.

For the longest time, I figured Taylor, FJ, Ogee, Rob, Rainer, to name the obvious were likely wrong about this tech being the greatest. But that was okay, cuz I understood what I could gain if they were right. As time has gone by, I give them more and more chance of being correct, in large part because of the people that have joined us, like Ajit, et al. And, if the tech turns out not to be the greatest, it has a decent shot to be good enough so that we aren't hurt in the wallet.

Back to FJ's roles for a second, there are other roles that he plays that I'm not a fan of, but, like you said in your post, "it's only human."

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links