POET Technologies Inc.

I was very enthusiastic at the potential effects of GT's after dinner speech at the Empire Club. I allowed this enthusiasm to cloud my judgement with over baked expectations. GT delivered the technical speech he was asked to deliver and we here were left feeling initially disappointed until we reevaluated our expectations with common sence.

AM's speech on 7 September has been very clearly defined by TECHCON. We shall no doubt hear about the technical challenges facing the industry. However, we have already heard him speak on this subject in a number of interviews with great passion and insight but on this occasion there is a new element in his knowledge of the IC industry about which he has recently been studying during his technical audit of POET.

It his very hard to imagine that a discerning intelligent tecnical Guru such as Ajit would blatantly set out to sell his new employees 'product' at an after dinner speech, that would miss the point of such occasions, but I am finding it increasigly hard to imagine that POET will not be mentioned along with other solutions to the technical challenges facing the industry which substantially boil down to the end of Moore's Law and Mr Fabs concepts for more technical efficiency in the fabrication processes viz. 2.0 et al.

I am very fond of using the phrase 'A road to Damascus experience', Ajit must have had such an experience on meeting PC in the not too distant past. Why would such an industry giant on the verge of retirement change course so dramatically?

My conclusions are that having observed this snake charmer in action there are going to be many cobras in his audience mesmerised and swaying to his enchanting tune. When they return to their bakets blinking they will wonder why this word POET keeps its recurring mantra going n their psyche.

Like Kylie Minogue 'I can't get it out of my head' that this after dinner speech will have quite some impact and unforeseen benefits.

sulasailor

Please login to post a reply
sulasailor
City
Chester
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/13/2013