Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

The System for Electronic Disclosure by Insiders (SEDI) is the official source for all of the commercial insider reporting services such as Canadian Insider and INK. The reason they even exist is that SEDI is not an intuitive website to learn how to use. If you want to find out the formal public insider disclosure, SEDI is it. I find numerous mistakes in other services.

To access the public disclosure, first, go to sedi.ca I'm English speaking, please select the English option.

A new page opens. At the top right, in the grey area, clink on "Access public filings"

A new window opens. In the orange, on the left, select "View summary reports"

Select the "Insider transaction detail" radio button, and hit Next at the bottom of the page

This new screen is the workhouse for anything you want to know. You can search by a person's name, or any public company (here, called an issuer). You can save a link to this page, and skip the earlier steps, too.

So, with this page filled out, you can search in two ways, by a an individual's name, or by e.g Noront summary filings.

Let's go with Noront for the moment, and fill out the form accordingly.

In the first drop down menu, top left, select issuer name. In the box to the right of that, type in Noront.

The next row of drop down menu items lets you restrict the date range. If you're only looking for recent filings, it can save a lot of space in the final report you generate if you restrict the time window.

On the left, I always select Date of filing from the drop down menu, and input today's date as the end of the search period. That searches everything in the public record up to the moment you retrieve a report, and you don't need to know the dat of transaction to learn what's going on. To cover the recent filing history of all Company insiders, let's use January 1, 2016 as our start date, and today's date as the end date. (that searches what's in SEDi right up to the moment you hit the search button, as I said)

Scrolling down the page, you'll see a large number of check boxes. They've simplified it by giving you the gray boxes in the left column. You want to know Equity (includes common shares) and you want to know Issuer Derivatives (options and warrants), so just click on those two, and you'll see all the boxes in those categories get checked off.

Scroll to the bottom and hit search, and voila, you get one result. Click view (in tiny blue letters, I know) and it will open the complete record that matches your search criteria. You can download it as a pdf, or refine your criteria if the results aren't what you were looking for. If you click on the "Refine Search Criteria" you go back to that form we filled out, so you can change whatever needs changing and try again. If I see that the Exchange has reported marker trades, I'll fill out the form and update it over and over again by refining my search criteria to see if the marker was real. Canadian Insider or whatever update overnight, so if you're searching SEDI during the business day, you might see insider trades that others don't know about yet.

If you search by name, you have to know the name of the reporting insider precisely. If you don't know that yet, a company search will show you the name they report under.

If you have any questions or concerns, just let me know. It just takes some getting used to. But SEDI is the official record, so it's worth it.

Regards,
Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined