Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

Stuff quietly happening in the background.....

===============================================

https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/thibeault-announces-96m-in-nohfc-funds-for-sudbury-473167

Thibeault announces $9.6M in NOHFC funds for Sudbury

Will support dozens of projects, from TV shows to mining companies
2 h by: Darren MacDonald
The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corp. announced $9.6 million in funding Thursday for several local groups and companies. The funding was announced at a news conference held by Sudbury MPP and Energy Minister Glenn Thibeault at Tom Davies Square. Darren MacDonald photo

The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corp. announced $9.6 million in funding Thursday for several local groups and companies.

The funding was announced at a news conference held by Sudbury MPP and Energy Minister Glenn Thibeault at Tom Davies Square.

Mayor Brian Bigger said the NOHFC has, for decades, been a key driver in economic development in the city.

"Since its establishment, the NOHFC has been continually serving as a real catalyst for strategic investments and a stronger economy in Northern Ontario," Bigger said. "Locally, the NOHFC supports a wide range of sectors, including small business support, an incredible local TV and film industry, providing businesses the opportunity to hire eight interns."

Thibeault said the funding is another example of the province's commitment to economic development throughout the province.

"And we're helping people here in Sudbury create businesses, create jobs," he said. "My key focus as MPP for Sudbury is to continue to bring home investments like we have seen here today, and I'll continue to work hard for my community and for the business and the people of this city.

"It's these investments that build Sudbury up for everyone."

Thibeault said the $9.6 million includes support for 12 new mining technology projects, five new film and television projects, six new local business expansions and 24 new internship placements.

Many recipients of funding were at the news conference, including Vic Pakalnis, president and CEO of MIRARCO Mining Innovation, Rehabilitation and Applied Research Corp. at Laurentian University.

"The companies being helped here are going to generate jobs," Pakalnis said."The NOHFC is always there as a partner to ensure that we take advantage of some of the investments that are coming our way."

While mining has been in a prolonged slump because of low commodity prices, he predicted the industry will rebound in the near future.

"I just came in from Ottawa, where we had the Mining Association of Canada meeting and I have to tell you that, in the mining industry, there is light at the end of the tunnel, in the next year,” he said. “And there are already some investments that I didn't realize that were quietly happening. We have some amazing opportunities out of this community through the Ring of Fire."

He also praised Thibeault, calling him a “champion for Sudbury.”

The biggest single recipient of funding was $1.5 million for Glowbies Inc., an animated children's show shot in Sudbury. The funding will support production of seasons two through four.

Other large projects include $1 million for Legend Boats to expand boat manufacturing, creating eight jobs, and $817,500 for Bristol Machine Works, to streamline and automate their shop and to creating 16 jobs.

Please login to post a reply
Ringer
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/15/2015
Social Links
Private Message