Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to luker's message

Luker, I think this sort of answer by Watay Power could change over night if given the right conditions. Like Edgy, I tend to think that a Phase 3 plan for the electrification of the Matawa First Nations to the east has already been discussed, and agreed upon. Watay Power has hinted to this by saying that their grid potential can accommodate the addition of these communities, as well as the Ring of Fire. I think the statement given, "Wataynikaneyap is not proposing a connection to the Ring of Fire at this time" is suggestive of a mandate to avoid public disclosure while negotiations are still on the table. Any release of information now I believe would be too premature. The necessary infrastructure promises for the Ring of Fire and it's surrounding communities must be settled first before the issue of electrification can be moved forward.

This thought however, does not preclude the need for Noront to seek alternative power for its mine site that limits the use of diesel fueled generators for electrification. Again, our social licence in this circumstance means we must be mindful of our responsibility to the environment, especially the water sheds around the Ring of Fire area, to avoid any mishap that would lead to contamination. Treading lightly, in my opinion, is the only way we can ensure our future success in establishing this new mining district. All efforts should be made to adhere to this ideal if and when possible; again IMHO.

TM.

Please login to post a reply
Tin Man
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/26/2013
Social Links