Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

There have been a number of posts in recent days, asking about public information available on SEDI, which is the System for Electronic Disclosure by Insiders, hosted at http://sedi.ca

Questions were asked about a director of Noront buying stock, and whether RCF might be selling stock to cap the run up in SP over the last couple of days. Insiders must report changes in their positions to SEDI within five days of the change. That's five calendar days, not business days.

A lot of people rely on other sources, such as Canadian Insider, or INK reports, but both sources are unofficial, and are updated on the day following reports to SEDI.

I am of the opinion that the sole reason that Canadian Insider and the like even exist is due to the fact that SEDI is not user friendly. I'd like to provide instructions on how to access insider data on SEDI. Perhaps you'd like to print this post off, for easy access the next time you want to check insider transactions.

The opening page at sedi.ca asks you to select French or English. I am only fluent in English, so I suggest that you select English, too. ;-)

The screen that opens next has a grey bar across the top of the page. Select "Access public filings", at the right hand edge.

The next screen that opens has orange tabs on the left hand margin. Select "View summary reports".

The next screen has four radio buttons at the bottom of the text. Select "Insider transaction detail".

Finally, we've arrived at the form that allows you to select the information you wish to view from the huge database. So, let's fill in the form to retrieve all transactions by Noront insiders in 2016, as an example.

The first drop-down menu asks you to select insider or issuer. Select "Issuer name". In the box immediately to the right, just type in "Noront".

Just below that, you select how to limit the date range. In the drop down menu, select "Date of filing". Then, to limit the results to reports filed in 2016, choose start date january 1 2016, and ending on today's date.

Now, scroll down, and select the categories of data you're interested in. Thankfully, these are grouped in broader categories on the left hand side. Under both Equity and Issuer Derivatives, click on the "Select all" boxes.

Now, scroll all the way to the bottom, and click on the "Search" button.

A new page opens, with one result, for Noront Resources Ltd. Click on "View". Voila, all the transactions by Noront insiders in 2016, including RCF, which must report because they have more than 10% of ZEN shares.

Let's say you want to check again tomorrow, to see if there were any new filings by RCF or whatever. At the bottom of the results page is a button "Refine Search Criteria" which takes you back to the form where you entered the dates. You can change the end date to include one more day, and go back and view that. You can change the issuer name, and review filings for another company. You can choose a single insider to review. You can change the start date if you want to review a longer period of time. I just leave SEDI open on a results page all the time, and revise the search data as needed.

It is a bit of work to get the search set up, but SEDI is not only the official record, it is up-dated instantly on new filings. Canadian Insider etc. will be up-dated the next day, so you can't match the quality of data available on SEDI.

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/14/2008