Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Ringer's message

The time to build road, power infrastructure is NOW. This will allow the area to be ready for development when the next super cycle starts. The Ontario economy is not exactly stellar at this point. During these times of lower economic growth, the goverment should and has a duty to be investing in the expansion in the North, providing access to these remote communities, providing employment in these areas.

Futhermore, your dollar goes much further now than during a boom cycle. Materials and labour are generally cheaper and more readily available. I agree that a solid plan is required, but surely to God enough time has gone by for that to be established.

Perhaps being a simple man, I see things too black and white and fail to grasp the subtleties of the situation. In my opinion, now is the time to establish the all weather roads into those native communities and the ring fo fire and set the stage for economic development of the area, provide employment opportunuities for the indigenous peoples of the area, promote further exploration in the area leading to likely further significant discoveries.

Having both road access and power available will of course show that Ontario is serious about developing the North and provide a much needed boost to the minig projects in the area when indeed the next mining super cycle begins.

Please login to post a reply
whynotme
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/28/2010
Social Links
Private Message