Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to luker's message

“When it comes to transit, they’ve kind of missed the train, and they’re not even in the station,” Finance Minister Charles Sousa said shortly after his federal counterpart introduced the budget in the House of Commons.

Ok, so we must consider the source, but can we ignore? I do not live in Ontario,but have come to understand that politicians of every stripe simply speak, believing that the reader has zero common sense or any kind of inteligence.

I am sure that some on this forum can provide links, but I have read and listened to numerous reports where Minister Rickford have clearly asked Minister Gravelle to show us the plan, what are you doing with the $1b you have "promised". Rickford has also suggested that the province can access another federal fund (forget the name), just put together your plan and apply.

I am not naive enough to think it will happen exactly that smooth, but to my knowledge the province, besides squawking as Sousa has today, has done nothing to warrant federal funds. They have quite ably managed to piss off the FN groups with the devco fiasco.

Despite all of the above, I am definitely not in the "10 year to development" camp floated today by a forum member. I happen to believe that our BOD are working hard to bring EN to development. Just as we were recently surprised, and pleased, with the news of buying Cliff's Chromite and the involvement of Franco-Nevada, other good news could very well be in the pipeline. The old cliche "money talks...everything else walks"....will ensure the ROF gets done. That is my belief and hope.

GLTA

Pete

Please login to post a reply
cupcake
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2007