Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

http://www.afr.com/business/mining/former-xstrata-ceo-mick-davis-eyes-falling-prices-before-bhp-spins-off-south32-20150420-1mokq6

"All the same, X2 has financing available that could double or even triple the $US5.6 billion the fund has raised from investors, said the people familiar with the matter."

"Earlier this month, two people familiar with Davis' plans said he was considering buying smaller miners listed in Canada as a prelude for a larger deal."

Comment:

1) Who are these people who are so eager to telegraph Mick's next move?

2) With this sort of walking around money, and the right circumstances, I guess even Noront with the faithful backing of it's investment pool (RCF, BAO and Franco-Nevada) could be sold to X2 for the right price. Of course, I am assuming that Mick would be waiting for our issues of concern to be addressed first (FN, EA, and Infrastructure), as well as expect him to continue with Noront's same core values and approach to mining to ensure success; or would he?

3) X2 could easily drop 1-2 billion for us and still have money enough to take a stab at another Canadian, Australian..... company and then move onto BHP's South32. But South32 seems like spending all your money in one place.

TM.

Please login to post a reply
Tin Man
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/26/2013
Social Links