Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Babjak1's message

Article below from Wawatay News (2013) names the same 4 communities who are part of Sunday's announcement. My guess is for an East/West road funding announcement of some kind. See underlined section at bottom.

Pete

Noront pushing east-west road corridor again

Saturday June 22, 2013

Shawn Bell - Wawatay News
Find more:

Top referrers:

Following news that Cliffs has suspended its environmental assessment for its Ring of Fire chromite mine, Noront announced that it is once again looking at the east-west road corridor into the mining development.

The company also stated that its plans for development in the Ring of Fire have not changed in light of Cliffs’ announcement.

“In addition to supporting a North-South access route, Noront has always supported an East-West alternative approach for the development of the Ring of Fire that balances First Nations objectives, the environment and job growth,” said Paul Parisotto, Noront’s chairman and interim CEO in a press release.

“We’re confident this alternative will be attractive to each level of government, the local communities and the people who will benefit from this sensible approach to stimulating development in the Ring of Fire,” Parisotto added.

The east-west corridor was originally proposed by Noront as a transportation corridor linking the Ring of Fire to the existing highway system at Pickle Lake.

A similar route was proposed by four Matawa communities – Neskantaga, Nibinamik, Eabametoong and Webequie – as a way to connect their communities to the southern highway grid through the development.

Please login to post a reply
cupcake
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2007
Social Links
Private Message