Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Edgy's message

50% profit on insitu tonnes is pretty aggressive, just a couple of factors you are missing.

Resource Recovery - Not a real term, but something that is used to evaluate the affective design of a reserve typically 85%-90% of resource. 10%-15% are tonnes that could not be designed for technical or economic reasons. This is actually missing form the FS but that is something a lot of juniors do.

Internal dilution- Waste or uneconomic sulfide material inside required to be mined with economic material. Typically this is between 10%-15%, really dependent on geologic complexity. This dilutes the head grade. I believe this was also missing in the FS.

Mining recovery - Unplanned material left behind as a result of under break and mucking, industry standard on a new long hole mine would be in the 97% range.

External dilution- Unplanned over break, uneconomic material that dilutes grade< with the strong host rock should probably be in th5% range

Metallurgical recovery - Don’t remember what the FS said and if it was based on bench tests (OK) or a pilot plant (Good) but would probably be 90%-95% for Ni and in the high 70's or low 80's for the precious metals

Freight - Cost per tonne to ship conc. These terms are estimated in the FS cant remember what they are but probably 200-250 dmt

Treatment charges - Smelting charges - again these are estimated in the FS prob around 50$ per tonne of conc.

Payability - % of metal in conc that is paid by smelter, usually in the 95% region for Ni would be a little lower for the precious metals

The opex on its own will probably be 110-120$/t

Royalties will probablt be 3-5% off the top when its all said and done

I still struggle to understand mining taxes so I can no comment on these

Please login to post a reply
2sh1
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined