Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to crazytrade's message

"Drilling costs for exploration needs to be at depth from a base that accuracy can be assured."

Agreed. Great statement.

The past Directional drilling program had moderate success in tracking the mineralization at depths below the 1000m level. On a cost/m basis it makes total sense to wait until the Ramp/Portal down to the 200m+ level is complete and the Mining Facility in operation, the 200m+ advantage makes running a near sub verticle hole to track the sulfide's drilling a much easier task, not to mention doing so at the 500/600/700 etc. etc. Successfull tracking of Eagle One from those depths will be aided with the use of the Bore Hole Electromagnetic method and XRF handhelds upon recovery of core. By the time the Stope and Fill reaches those depths we will have known for some time whether or not the deposit continues at depth, deviates and continues or is pinched off by a fault, the latter i hope does not happen.

Post all of the regulatory approvals and necessary compensation It will take 13 months to effect the ramp/portal construction to the 210m level, 25m of overburden (AT12 is under 60M) to move and then they can start to blast granodiorite to get to the ultramafic peridotite that Eagle One resides in. It will be quite some time after the main level is excavated before another hole gets drilled below.

My thinking is the megaminds will wait until we are mining the inferred levels below 800m before a drill is set up to plumb the depths, they may well elect to simple follow the mineralization at depth by XRF alone, simple Stope and Fill till mineralization closes off. By then we will be below the 1200m level and can elect to effect some exploratory holes complete with BHEM and some horizontal drilling, of course this will only need to be done if the sulfides cease/close off or fail to provide decent grade.

Here's hoping the "Elephant" exists, perhaps it will be Richard et all that find it though.

My previous post was not meant to alarm, most of the claims cancelled lay away from the known Ring of Fire Intrusion/Red Line.

Rob

Please login to post a reply
notster
City
Grande Prairie,Ab
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/04/2007