Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to khareema's message

Kareema ...And I am still giving odds that she will succeed; maybe even get a raise for all the (hardship??) she has had to undergo the last month or so.

I would like to think that Babjac was right that people have had enough of the BS and finally Spence has overplayed her hand. I would like to believe that "whity" would finally get some backbone and stand up for the common sense of this issue that says that there should be some accountability.

Unfortunately the pattern is too clear. And who do we blame for that? No one but ourselves. After all most people either agree with political correctness or turn a blind eye to it. Don't even speak out about native rights,etc for fear that you will be labeled racist, insane, intolerant or simply irrelevant. And simply speaking the truth and spouting common sense can land you in the bad books.

Most of us agree that first nations people should not have to live in poverty but when there is clear evidence that the gov't provides lots of money but only the Chiefs and their council ever see any of the money, all Canadians should cry foul.

I first read about this issue in the National Post 4-5 years ago. A retired Judge in Alberta wrote an editorial stating the during his long career he had to rule on many Native issues and it became clear to him that the money was not getting past the Chiefs. This opinion has been expressed repeatedly since that time in many newspapers. The recent audit report says nothing new but as raised awareness considerably.

This is a no win situation for the gov't. Some (not all) Native leaders like Spence insist on managing their own affairs but either through incompetance or deceipt mismanage their communities. But the Federal Gov't can not escape getting the blame; at least in the eyes of many. In spite of who is at fault, many in the First Nations communities are living in substandard conditions. The gov't is losing a public relations battle in spite of all their efforts and the many millions they ship to the Native leaders.

So I am afraid that Kareema is correct. The gov't has to put the fire out and will likely throw more money at the problem. Ms. Spence will be appeased and humoured. Accounting standards at Attawapiskatt will not improve markedly.

Please login to post a reply
Sudbury Novice
City
God's Great Outdoors
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/05/2008
Social Links