Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to res-investor's message

They have been receiving payments from Canada to help with flyin access and support for living in remote areas for almost a hundred years with all kinds of education and legal and health benifits. They joined Canada for these benifits and were givin the additional benifit of free use of the land without having to purchase any. They could of kept their own country but would of died out without increasing population base to pay for infrastructure with taxes or had to move into more accesable areas or make their own area more accessable. The benifit of joining Canada was seen by the elders from the past. Because infrastructure has lagged for some time, some FNs people argue the wisdom of the past elders but they do not live in the conditions of the past peoples, but if they had to give up the benifits or pay back all the costs over the last hundred years they would lose the desire very quickly to be on their own..The land is NOT owned and as such GIVING any shares must be attached to, loss of use, and the Impact Benifit Agreement will address this. I don't think they want a handout but a continuous participation on what happens around their life with compensation for the impact the projects will have on their culture. Not everybody wants progress and development. As such I think just handing them 10 million shares is simple and probably effective to a culture where we own land but not very effective when the land has a different value than ownership by individuals.

Please login to post a reply
crazytrade
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/17/2009
Social Links
Private Message