Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

The official ribbon-cutting ceremony in Nakina marking the completion of the Highway 584 reconstruction, was a wonderful balance of ceremony and informality, and was particularly welcoming. Orchestrated by the Minister’s office, MPP Michael Gravelle, was joined by Mayor Power, municipal councillors and staff, and a good cross-section of the general public. November 12th took on more than just a ribbon cutting ceremony where due recognition was provided to the province and MPP Gravelle for this multi-million dollar investment. MPP Gravelle and I reflected on a conversation he and I had at the exact same location almost 5 years previous about the need for this stretch of highway to receive the long overdue improvements. The Minister delivered on this project which is significantly more than just a highway between Geraldton and Nakina / Aroland. Highway 584 is the vital transportation artery heading north into the Ring of Fire and the abounding opportunities that this area holds.

What impressed me most about the afternoon, were the many positive and genuine connections made with the residents of Nakina who participated. The opportunity to also engage the elementary school children who joined in and participated in the photo-shoot and who actually cut the ribbon, connected government with citizens in a meaningful way. As a former educator, this occasion between a provincial Minister, Mayor, councillors, and youth goes a long way to building civic pride and interest in understanding how government works.

I want to especially thank Jossé for agreeing to prepare the light lunch. The opportunity at our French Club to engage Minister Gravelle (and his support staff) for almost an hour in a very relaxed and open atmosphere, was appreciated by the residents of Nakina.

During the two hours devoted to this ceremony, there were very optimistic references by both MPP Gravelle and Mayor Power with forward-looking statements linked to the ‘Ring of Fire’ opportunities and the relationship of a new highway, mining activity and opportunity for revitalized communities. The growing mining potential and extent of the scale of change is especially exciting as many Greenstone residents and businesses are experiencing tough economic times. That Greenstone may become more prosperous due to unfolding developments associated with the Ring of Fire, and more specifically with road, railway, and hydro developments, is reason to believe that better times lay ahead for us and those who will follow. I’m excited to be a part of helping to pave the way.

Regards,
Jay Daiter
Councillor, Nakina Ward
Municipality of Greenstone
Please login to post a reply
crazytrade
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating