Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to NevilleD's message

Nothing to say there will be a mine....Yet ...Much has changed after this meeting but it shows how much work and discusion is going on to make it happen. An awfully big project that needs to QUIETLY be worked out for everybody's benifit. First time I had seen Cliffs ta.lking

Catherine Gull, from Peawanuck stated that it is misleading to say that “Ring of Fire” is not going to happen. She stated that the companies should be up front with the community in that the minerals they are mining are used in the grand scale production of weapons for the US and China, and not only forks and knives, and stainless steel products. Even though Peawanuck is a small community, she asked that they consider the world impact.

Joe Gaboury responded that Cliffs has capital set aside to do this within a certain timeframe to complete their

pre-feasibility studies and work with the communities. If in 2 years they can’t come to agreement with the First Nations or can’t get EAs, the senior executive will designate those dollars to other projects.

Glen Nolan, reiterated that if there is any uncertainty, whether it’s the environmental assessment and Noront is not able to meet the obligations to protect the land, the project will not go forward. He affirmed that Noront has always said they will not promise what they can’t deliver on. They are at the exploration stage, period and are operating in a transparent manner and want to work with groups like Mining Watch.

Please login to post a reply
crazytrade
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/17/2009
Social Links
Private Message