Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to jsq's message

Hi, JSQ-

One correction: Dr. Mungall is still working with Noront, just not in a full-time capacity (he took a leave of absence from his univeristy job to work full-time at Noront with RN and JH, and is now back at the University of Toronto). He's at the top of the slate of advisors on Noront's Technical Advisory Committee:

http://www.norontresources.com/Corporate/Technical_Advisory_Committee/

So my impression (FWIW) of the current VP of geology for Noront, Jeremy Neimi, is that he's realtively young and heavy into computer modeling. We're getting to the point where enough time has elapsed since the management change to gauge whether he is a success or not, and it's going to be the reports of assays from outside the Eagle's Nest that will be the proof of that. The company has pulled the plug on the deep drills at Eagle's Nest, which I think is a good call given the expense. So we will not see whether the "convergence zone" is real or not for at least 5 to 7 years, after a lot of mining has been done.

I just hope that they can sell the deep drills and get back the old crews for the shallower ones for the freeze-up. The company has a vast area to explore and it's time for the "new management crew" to get to it, and show results. Maybe P FN Anderson was who pushed the deep drills???

Please login to post a reply
dvdgray
City
El Cerrito, CA
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/18/2008
Social Links