Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

hello friends,

i seldom write anymore but thought it would be good to recap some of my old posts to help newer members better understand the current noront release. and also add a new twist to our mental gymnastics.

when the first nickel was hit at eagle 1 i mentioned the need to understand platinum, even though platinum was not on anyones radar at the time. i still think the real value to this property is if they can bring to fruition a platinum and paladium (pgms) mine. with much of the worlds production in less the stable political regions (africa and russia) a safe harbor mine of consequence in canada would carry a significant valuation premium to other mines currently operating in africa and russia.

the stillwater mine in montanna is controlled by the russian pgms mining interests -norilsk nickel (see that last word in their company name!). norilsk is currently on file as saying they may divest of their stake in the stillwater mine, i view this as possibly due to the relations of the u s government and russian government which at present are diverging rapidly. which of course would mean since norilsk (one of the largest mining companies in the world) is quite logically perceptive in trying to control as much of the pgms market as possible, might it not lend itself to their being a contender for buying properties such as ours??? to replace their stillwater stake so to speak. would they quite logically find canada a more friendly environment for their longterm investment then the us of a?

note norilsk is the LARGEST nickel miner in the world and the LARGEST palladium miner in the world and one of the 4 largest platinum miners in the world. they are big, and they know how to mine nickel and pgms.

which brings an obvious question, has wes contacted norilsk? is so what has occurred?

to me norilsk is another big boy who has the cash (and expertise) and could compete with any of the big players already mentioned by others. if they divest their stake in stillwater might noront be a nice replacement?

note the may of 2008 date and the sept 2007 date of my old posts below:

http://agoracom.com/ir/Noront/forums/discussion/topics/227213-platinum-and-some-notes-regarding-the-merensky-reef/messages/826135

platinum and some notes regarding the merensky reef

posted on May 09, 08 05:44AM

hello friends,

i see we have some more news today and wanted to post some research that has helped me understand platinum mines a bit better and perhaps will help you. remember everyone should do their own due dilegence and then form their own opinions.

the following, from a johnson matthey publication called "platinum today", and provides info on the worlds largest platinum and pgm's mining district in the world which is located in africa.

where i put **** with words between**** the words between the asterisks are my added thoughts embedded in the johnson matthey article that i use in trying to understand what we may be looking at with mcfaulds lake area.

----------------------

The Bushveld Complex
Formed about 2,000 million years ago, the Bushveld Igneous Complex (BIC) can be compared to an enormous, irregularly-shaped saucer 370 kilometres across ****irregularly- shaped saucer, might some call this a RING?****, with its centre buried deep underground but its rim exposed. It has a series of distinct layers, three of which contain economic concentrations of platinum group metals (pgm). The principal pgm-bearing reefs are the Merensky Reef and the Upper Group 2 (UG2) Reef.

The Merensky Reef has been the principal source of pgm since it was first worked in 1925. However, the other reefs have grown in importance, so that by 1999 the Merensky Reef accounted for just over 50 per cent of all the platinum-bearing ore processed in South Africa. Exploitation of the UG2 began in the 1970s and has steadily increased; in 1999, it was the source of 42 per cent of ore processed. The Platreef, briefly mined in the 1920s, was not exploited on a large scale until 1993.

Ore extraction
The Merensky and UG2 reefs are narrow - typically less than a metre thick ****THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, IN OTHER WORDS HOW I READ THIS, YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR IN ESSENCE A VEIN SO TO SPEAK, WHICH CAN, WHEN FOUND, BE FOLLOWED. TO ME IT APPEARS, IF FOUND, YOU WILL SEE MINABLE GRADES OF PGM'S FOLLOWING THIS VERY NARROW REEF BUT NOT IN OTHER PARTS OF THE MINING PIT AREA WHICH CONTAINS OTHER MINERALS LIKE NICKEL, COPPER, ETC**** . Traditionally, both reefs were mined using narrow reef methods, and many operations continue to use these methods today.

some more points.

i will put up some more thoughts on the merensky reef next week.

in looking at double eagle #1 discovery are we seeing the start of a "followable" pgm reef??

do you realize what a major pgm mining district in a stable and investor friendly country such as canada would be worth?

everyone should do their own research and reach their own conclusions. don't believe anything you read without confirming and analyzing to your own satisfaction before making any investment decisions.

all the best,

regards,

jsq

---------------------------------------

http://agoracom.com/ir/Noront/forums/discussion/topics/150190-voisey-will-be-low-comparison-if-they-hit-high-grade-pgms/messages/578429#message

voisey will be low comparison if they hit high grade pgms

posted on Sep 14, 07 06:34PM

one can only hope. whenever you hit nickel you have to look for the pgm's. that would be lucky and awesome to a level few would believe if high grade pgm's are found. voisey will be a weak sister comparison in that rare event.

be right and sit tight.

regards,

jeff

----------------

http://agoracom.com/ir/Noront/forums/discussion/topics/150688-best-platinum-intercept-in-canada/messages/580797#message

Re: Best platinum intercept in Canada?

posted on Sep 20, 07 12:27PM

read the orignal post i was kind enough to answer. the title said canada, the body of the message said north america.

you have seen my work here. don't be so quick to dump on someone (me) trying to help others.

if you want to understand pgm's in north america you need to understand the stillwater complex in montana

also to enhance your knowledge the merensky reef in south africa and the norilsk complex in siberia. the key pgm sites in the world.

do your homework,

be right and sit tight,

read the original posts before getting clever.

jeff

----------------

back to 2010, well we have not hit "high" grade pgms (perhaps we will perhaps we will not ever improve, only the drills will tell) regardless we have hit respectable grades of pgms. understand the small vein systems are normal, so don't necessarily be off by vein size. this is a different animal then mines many of us are used to analyzing, thus the notes above to help elaborate on this KEY point.

for me the management of noront has not instilled confidence in the property or the process over the last 24 months or so but i could be wrong and their might be a "master plan" we are not privy to at this time.

the property remains most interesting, who knows what the future will bring.

regards,

jsq

as always do your own research, don't believe anything you read on a public forum without checking the facts yourself. ps for those who read my post on u s silver hub on agoracom when it was about 26 cents, congrats.

all the best,

jsq

Please login to post a reply
jsq
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/05/2007