Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to hoov's message

hoov, while the PM accusations are unsettling i dont see where it's any different than sitting in a bar where people are "overhearing" your conversation. it does'nt make you any less credible (it does reflect on the eavesdropper) remember the old EFhutton commercial "when EFHutten talks..people listen" really, is'nt this what the market has always been about? get good info where you can get it...the truth is i've never really said anything in PM's that i would'nt say in public and my advice is not really sought after. if someones advice is valuable and people want it, they're gonna try to get it...i imagine warren buffet has a real problem keeping his "private conversations private". if you move, i'll follow you if invited but i think you'll have the same issues anywhere you go. if you want to keep something private, do it in private.

in any case, i dont condone what agoracom did but i don't believe it was out of the ordinary. here are my real thoughts about it i posted on the gnh board...as usual my thoughts dont seem to follow the main stream..

earlier post- "what has absolutely amazed me about the reaction on these boards to the fact that agoracom promoted, or did anything that some would consider "unsavory" is that most on the boards claim to be some type of business person or BOD somewhere....what a crock! if folks actually thought that a service of this magnitude could be provided for free without someone using the information for profit then they have zero experience in business/economics and for that matter human nature...

all companies need promotion, always have, the game has never changed, only the forum in which it is played....personally, i have recieved some good insight on message boards over the years but i realize that in the end the stock market is always the same...if a fund manager tells you to buy then he has already bought and is probably looking to unload. if a big house says "gold is going to drop like a stone" then they are probably looking to buy...we are all guilty of this to some level even if it's unconciously. you might tell an aquantice to buy a stock because you actually believe he'll make money (but you still get something out of that. recognition, "he'll owe you one", you name it)...the important question is, will you tell the same guy to sell before you put yours up for sell?

what agoracom did imo is simply a way to gauge investor sentiment with a little bit of "boiler room" thrown in...the boiler room part is why they should get thier hand slapped, nothing else...and anyone who thinks every board out there does'nt do the same thing is deluding themselves...eventially the regulations put into place that prevent these types of forums from making money will cause all forums to charge a fee for service....and people will still use them...but i gaurantee that someone somewhere will still use the information to make a profit..in the end is'nt that what we all do?"

Please login to post a reply
cantjustread
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/16/2007
Social Links
Private Message