Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Burnhard83's message

"When brokers start using your messages against you, to put pressure on you, by selling even more shares to force you to fold your bag of shares. What are you going to do about it?"

Well, logically they would be acting so out of self-interest so this should be a signal to hold on tight in anticipation of a major rise in the SP. That is, if one has control of her/his emotions.

With stormy weather ahead in the world economy replete with every indication of continued volatility in the stock markets, one may be well-advised at this point to review all current holdings.

I am comfortable to hold NOT regardless of the antics of any entities trying to scare off retail owners, since base metals are not going anywhere and in the long run will inevitably be needed, if not in the West, then in the exploding East. Also, with NOT we have a promising PM play as well.

However, does anyone have any thoughts on the question of reducing an overweight position at seemingly distressed prices? I have been waiting for an opportunity to re-balance without incurring a substantial loss but it keeps receding because of the price slippage which I think is caused mainly by lack of interested and knowledgeable buyers. If one is reasonably sure another stock or stocks will be moving up more rapidly, what difference if NOT is sold low? Sounds okay, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

I suppose it boils down to a tendency to want to eat the cake and have it, too. Or maybe the subconscious mind senses things that the conscious mind can't grasp?

Best wishes for a great remaining weekend, O.F.

Please login to post a reply
Orange Flash
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/09/2008
Social Links
Private Message