Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to hoov's message

Nice write up Hoov,

I have two questions from a mining perspective, not sure if you will be a able to answer them, and to be honest they are mostly for personal interest.

"A by-product of such work would be significant amounts of aggregate, which could turn out to be quite valuable to other parties."

Does this mean they plan on hoisting waste to surface though out the life of mine or just for the capitalized development? Just trying to get a sense of how much they figure the waste could be worth.

"Due to the high costs of labour inputs, particularly in remote locations, serious consideration is being given to remote operation of mining equipment"

I hadn't realized that this was being used in Long hole mines, did they give any further information on this or just state that it would be 40% cheaper? I know El Teniente (not sure how to spell that)in Chile is using remote operated scoops in part of their complex but that is Block Caving so significantly less complicated.

Please login to post a reply
2sh1
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/22/2009
Social Links
Private Message