Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to sag4tag's message

This quotation should refer to the "Canadian Boreal Iniative" (not "Institute"), which is a co-ordinating body attempting to balance the interests of environmental watchdogs, First Nations, Industry and Government. As integral players in the ROF, First Nations cannot be excluded so you may rest assured they will remain in the loop.

If I understand your point correctly, I believe you are exactly right. First Nations have been environmental stewards since time immemorial, but their interests tend to diverge in a number of significant ways from those of the environmental watchdog NGOs. It will indeed be interesting to see how this plays out and a balance struck.

With Chief Glen Nolan in the picture and the overall stance of Noront on the First Nations/environmental aspects, I think we are well-positioned to move forward. Unfortunately, there are no viable shortcuts in this process.

This illustrates the fact that we are in a long term situation with our Noront shares unless the torch is passed to a major and we get a new shuffle. Notwithstanding this, I am urgently hoping there will soon be some sharp short term upward movement in recognition of the great values that have already been identified but not reflected in the current SP.

Best wishes to all Noront Longs!

Orange Flash

Please login to post a reply
Orange Flash
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/09/2008