Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to retiredrookie's message

This is a very interesting conversation you had and thanks for sharing it with us. It was soon after I bought into Noront that the talk of moving to the TSX was discussed. While I am in favour of it, I am comfortable with moving when the BOD sees fit. This will certainly ruffle some feathers. DVDgray compairs it to the NASDAQ in the U.S. This isn't quite a true comparison but it is close enough. The NASDAQ has a lot more prestige and a more formitable competitor to the " Big Board " in New York than the Venture exchange has here in Canada.

One of the reasons these riskier companies go to the Venture Exchange is cost. It might be small potatoes to well funded companies, but to struggling explorers the Venture Exchange serves them well.

While those of us who regularily discuss Noront here may think the whole world knows about Noront and its amazing good fortune in striking nickle while looking for something else, most of the investing world doesn't know or doesn't care. The investing world is a big place and each has his or her favourite places to invest. We are being discovered bit by bit by investors or interested parties much in the same way we are finding the riches of this area. Those who don't care are like the gentleman who ignores the Venture Exchange. The " big " investors look in the TSX world.

It was about a year ago we mounted an effort to write our elected members of government to alert them to the Ring of Fire and its potential. Now they are finally getting it. My fear now is that they may represent a road block more than the help we thought we needed. However, the Ring of Fire is getting to be so important that it will succeed in spite of government. But we are being discovered.

I am as anxious as the next guy to reap my rewards for my investment in Noront. I know this will not happen until we have that much coveted listing on the TSX. It is the money on this exchange that will move us firmly upward, perhaps for keeps. But the move has to be timed right even to catch the attention of these people. There are planty of low priced stocks on the TSX. They are low for a reason and these investors shun them. And rightly so. What are their assets underpinning them? For us to move at the wrong time could label us in that company, and breaking a bad label isn't without cost. Perhaps mostly time. But that is precisly what is bugging most of us. So moving when the time is right is very important. I'll leave that to our BOD. I do think we need enough ore ( perhaps coming in the expected 43-101 ) to overwhelming impress these TSX investors as to the prospects Noront has.

These are some of my thoughts. They will not satisfy some, and others may have a different view. I enjoy hearing them.

Please login to post a reply
antlizzie
City
Kenora
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/21/2007
Social Links