Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to IAMSUDBURY's message

Why you guys would think that a meeting of such complexity for the future of Noront and specially for the future life of the native people would be accomplished in one session?

There will be a serial of meetings just to lay out the procedure to speak out for both parties necessity and ideas and then once a verbal agreement is reached it will be set in black and white to be reviewed for the last amendments and when everybody will be satisfied with the warding the contract will be signed .

Don't lets forget that the claim is not only a Noront problem but it is a problem for all the companies operating in the ROF and i haven't heard yet any of these companies approaching the first nation people for a discussion .

The blockade will not be lifted at least until all the ROF companies will come to the table as one and show a commitment to the natives needs .

First Nation cannot afford to deal on one to one base because their credibility would be put in jeopardy.

I think that the government should also participate in order to bring down a final collective agreement for the benefit of all parties.

Please login to post a reply
oiramoric
City
Aldergrove BC
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/08/2008
Social Links