Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Re: TFSA info
almost 15 years ago

Strato-bat has awaken. I called CRA this morning and had it confirmed that you can transfer share amounts to your spouse's TFSA, if the trading account is a joint account, like mine is. I asked the CRA agent to confirm this with a senior advisor. After waiting 10 minutes on hold, she came back and told me that I was probably right about being able to transfer shares in my specific case, but that a senior agent would have to call me back to confirm whether the transfer can be done without a joint account.

Well, I think we already know that we can do this, but CRA will call me back to confirm it.

I also asked about what happens upon death of the holder and if my wife and I can declare each other as the sole successor holder. Makes logical sense to me and to the CRA agent, but again, unless I get it from a senior agent, it's not confirmed.

Bottom line, I knew more about this than the CRA agent I was talking to. And the senior advisor she talked to didn't have a ready answer. So now I wait for a super (?) senior CRA advisor.

If you're going to implement a new program, first make sure you have all the answers. As Hoov would say, "Ya know?".

I'll get back to you when I get that phone call from CRA. I see that Chauncey also is waiting for a call back. But great post Chauncey and good work on the questions you asked. Everything sounds right to me. Now we just need the brains at CRA to confirm it all.

In the meantime, I'll be hanging upside down in the closet.

strato-bat

Please login to post a reply
Stratopod
City
Mississauga
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/16/2007