Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Garzooka's message

Complaints from people who continually find themselves at odds with Agoracom's six rules of use are nothing new. Continually doing things over and over again in the same way, and expecting different results, though? There's a word for that.

The original post in this thread attributed the deletions to their content, without examining the other aspects of content that are distinct from the thought or opinion of the message, i.e. the style in which it is presented.

Posts which contain personal commentary, which judge other people, identifiable or not, will tend to be deleted.

An example: "I believe so and so" and "I believe so and so, and anybody who believes otherwise is an idiot" are two very different posts, from a moderator's perspective. The latter one will be deleted because of the personal commentary, not the belief.

There is also another aspect to moderation, of course. There are rules against bashing or hyping, or posting off-topic. Those rules are subject to judgment calls by moderators. There was a swing towards very strict interpretations of those rules early on, in order to cut down on the traffic here. Over time, much more leniency has crept into the standards, as the community has come to a balance somewhere between the two extremes.

I delete posts as a last resort. I believe that my fellow hub leaders do the same, because I watch what they do. That's how I've learned the community standards on the Noront board.

People whose posts are repeatedly deleted should look at their own posting style first. How you say it matters just as much as what you say, perhaps more.

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/14/2008