Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to roadguy's message

Thanks so much, roadguy. In my opinion, this article points out how politicized the development of the Ring of Fire will become, as there are so many different stakeholders to be managed. Trying to find a balanced solution is going to be very challenging.

I was perhaps one day early, posting to the FWR board in a similar vein, but my post over there was deleted. I was able to find a compromise with Agoracom, and I deleted one of my more contentious arguments, and reposted my remarks here.

In contrast to Cliffs optimistic timelines of 2 years for permitting and 5 years to shipping ore, I'd be very surprised if the environmental permits to affect are even issued within 5 years. And I think I'd be a little surprised if an open pit is permitted at all.

IMHO, Noront is way ahead on all of these issues. With their FN advisory board, the appointment of Nolan, the social supports provided via the Christmas hampers and scholarships and so on, and the decision to do preliminary engineering on a low-impact small-footprint underground mine complex for the Eagle/Blackbird deposits, they don't need to go back to the drawing board. I do think Cliffs will have to do that.

Maybe I was prophetic yesterday, or maybe I'm just a basher, but I am an environmental toxicologist. I've done FN negotiations. And I've worked closely with environmental activists (as a consultant). I think Cliffs is in for a rude awakening.

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/14/2008