Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

When I was a child, my mom would travel by train with me in tow on a yearly visit to relatives in Nakina, and Hornepayne. We travelled by train, we dined in the dining car. It was an experience for a child. White tablecloths, silver teapots, and silver with CN on the cutlery, which I also saw at my uncle's home, which I was told were compliments of Charles Norman???

My uncle also, besides working as an engineer on the CN, had a car dealership in town, and sold everyone in town a car! To drive on 6 miles of road to Government Lake, and Olaf's sawmill. The road and the railroad were very important. In l958 about, they put a road into Hornepayne from the northwest about 40 miles west of Hearst (Highway 11) to Hornepayne, about 30 miles. That meant that they could go from Hornepayne to Hearst, to Kapuskasing, and then free to go wherever they wished. They were out. Now, also, there is the choice to travel Hornepayne to White River, east to Wawa, and south to the Sault, west, to Marathon, Schriber, and Thunderbay. Or train, either east or west.

So, both are important. Have a look on a map (I'm sure you have), The ONR runs from Cochrane to Moose Factory on James Bay. Think that is it.

Of course, things are a little different today, as to how we accomplish needs. We need to be respectful, understand the history, and if you don't understand, you had better be ready to listen.

But, it is exciting, and I think in the 21st century, he who rules the ROF, will figure it out correctly, politically, physically, and spiritually.

It's Friday. Good weekend all.

vermillion.

Please login to post a reply
vermillion
City
Sudbury
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined