Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Rhodee-yum !
almost 15 years ago

I remember emailing JJ right after the NR about hole # 70 and it's terrific platinum grades and intercept. She told me that they would be retesting those cores and would also be checking for Platinum Group elements (rhodium, iridium, osmium, etc.).

True to her word, here they are today. Thank you JJ, Wes and management & staff for the great work and timely reporting that you have been doing for our company, Noront.

I'd like to address some of the concerns about the high numbers on the platinum. You need to read the amount of metres that have been tested to understand this. The first one is 0.5 metres, with 312 gpt platinum and the 2nd one is 0.15 metres tested, with 943 gpt of platinum.

Obviously, these grades are not throughout hole # 70, just on these small sections tested. I'm quite sure that there's more and so are they, which is why the entire mineralized interval of hole # 70, will be retested for platinum group elements.

Hey it's all numbers. They can be arranged in many ways to make a different story. But in those two small sections, the grades are off the charts ! And they think there is more like this possibly.

So, let's retrace a bit. Hole # 5, the glory hole, was retested for PGE's and came back with some good numbers overall. There was no testing of small sections, to my knowledge. Had there been, would we see grades like the above in some smllaer sections ? I have no doubt that we would. So then, maybe at some point, we retest the cores of hole # 5 in the small high grade sections.

I think that that Eagle's Nest is strewn with these type of deposits of rich minerals. And I also believe that there are more Eagles in the ROF, possibly quite a few.

I remember a couple of interesting people telling me that the entire ring is rich with minerals and they'll be finding more for years to come. I believe it.

strato-dium

Please login to post a reply
Stratopod
City
Mississauga
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/16/2007