Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to stock greed's message

Tendered all my remaining shares to NOT just now for all the basic reasons outlined ad nauseum on this board.

Couple of things to note to the discussion. I hold way more NOT shares than FWR shares, so in the interest of my entire portofolio, not just my FWR holdings, it makes sense to tender. It brings my ACB down on NOT and it gives them just an ounce more ammunition, and I figure since the bulk of my holdings are already with NOT, I need to give them every chance to succeed.

I asked my broker (LARGE firm) if they were getting lots of calls of people deciding to tender. He of course responded and gave me the company line about they aren't allowed to say anything that might persuade or disuade anybody's opinion.

So I tricked him and said, "Let me rephrase the question more generally, has your office (the office that deals with these types of tenders/votes exclusively) been receiving lots of calls from clients voting on the issue?"

He responded and said, "Yes, we've been receiving lots of calls about this offer the past two days."

Of course, what we know perhaps he didn't is that the only reason a person would call is to tender, if you don't want to tender you aren't required to do anything. So if they have been getting lots of calls the past two days it is fairly logical to assume that a huge majority of those calls were to tender and not just asking gee whiz questions.

After the conference call this morning and hearing this I am very confident NOT will have 34% in the bag.

Please login to post a reply
Forestmusic1
City
Columbia, MD
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
04/25/2008
Social Links