Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

I'm no expert on drilling for nickel and chrome, or in reading and analyzing assay results, but I do have some experience in message boards and investing.

With the kind of emotion I've seen here over time, and especially recently, my guess is there are many here who have a very significant investment in NOT, or maybe NOT together with other ROF players.

I hope that no one has too much invested here, and by too much I would say more than 10% of one's total portfolio or, perhaps worse, of one's net worth. Now, if you have 80% of your net worth invested in the ROF, and lost it all, and still would have $3,000,000 or so left over, then this post does not apply all that much to you!

Whereas the ROF could make significant shareholders quite a lot of money, certainly economic life-changing, if not economic life-making, differences, one should consider the likelihood of that occurring, versus this stock going nowhere, or worse, heading down to several pennies.

As I've stressed before, this is a very speculative investment in a pretty darn speculative sector - we are exploring, not mining (yet), and there's absolutely no assurance that we will be mining at any time.

You've got to ask yourself what chance does a stock trading for $1.70 have of reaching $30 (or whatever number, take your pick), especially a stock that has never been close to that before. I realize people can cite examples of companies whose share price has done just that, but think about the hundreds of issues that don't. I just get the very strong feeling that many here think we have a 50/50 chance (or even more) of being very successful, and that it's just a matter of when and not if. Well we don't and it isn't, IMO. We still need to be more than just a little lucky.

This kind of overly-optimistic thinking can happen very easily when spurred by a message board such as this (think, for example, how many times over the past several years an NR has been raved about, only to cause no more than a yawn in the marketplace).

Have any of you ever owned biotech stocks as they proceed through trial after trial toward FDA (or Canadian counterpart) approval? On message boards unlike this one that eliminates most of the jerks, like Yahoo, for example, every kind of scum of the earth is posting awful things, unfairly negative, obviously biased and laden with ulterior motive. But you know what, those dummies are so often right, not at all because they're smart, they're clearly not, but because the odds against great success are great. The really, really smart guys technically give cogent arguments as to why the drug is so good, why it will surely be approved, etc., etc. Yet, when the drug fails, they rarely have anticipated the reason why.

I want us to be wildly successful, but I won't be economically devasted if we aren't. Please don't put yourself in too vulnerable a position. There's nothing at all wrong with taking a shot at the brass ring, but you can't prudently lay too much on the line.

And as for posters who get fed up and leave, most usually come back. These boards are like a drug, and most that get a taste, get hooked and it's a tough habit to kick... unless you run out of funds.

Good luck to us all.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008