Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Re: in limbo
almost 15 years ago
in response to Sensation's message

I'm sorry to hear that anybody is in limbo, while I attend to other matters. I didn't see an urgent need to comment on this NR. I've seen some urgency elsewhere on Agoracom. Enough said about that.

The economic analysis filed in December for the Eagle 1 deposit pretty much made the case that the precious metal credits would pretty much cover the cost of mining the ore. Very ball-parkish, and it's an arbitrary way to look at it, but it simply shows that there are many supports for the economic viability of mining the deposit.

Now that we have PGE values (for just 2 of the 6 platinum group metals) on some of these deep cores, we can see that the deposit has fairly remarkable grade consistency to depth. With each release of data, some question marks turn to facts. There are some really nice PGE returns there. Nothing barnburner, but I think we're getting used to seeing numbers like these.

In comparison, Sudbury is one of the world's largest producer of PGE metals. The PGEs pretty much fall out of the ore, and are easily recoverable. But that large output only comes because of the vast amount of nickel and copper they produce. Our PGE grade is much better than is Sudbury's, based on average grades for the two.

I'm not a trader, so I didn't see any urgency in discussing these results. I'm long. I'm holding right now. Fully invested. No cash. I'd buy more, but....

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/14/2008