Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to keegann's message

Keegan, I don't look at it that way at all. It's not insider information he be keeping to himself, it's one guy's opinion/analysis, and that one guy is one who most here feel comfortable with, and feel that he knows his stuff. But, if he were to be a trader, and he says he is not (and I have absolutely no reason to not take him at his word), then why the heck should (and I say "should" and not "would") he post his analysis prior to the opening bell, if his analysis shows something very positive or negative and he intends to trade accordingly? He shouldn't risk taking a back seat in buying or selling as the result of posting his views - those are the fruits of his labors and expertise, and he is generous enough with his time in sharing his opinion with those on this board. That has nothing to do with integrity - disingenous posting certainly does, but most would agree that doesn't not occur with Hoov.

Neither Hoov, nor anyone else, has any fiduciary duty to this board (which would require posting one's views before trading). Based on people's posts, posters acquire reputations for being honest, dishonest, dumb, sharp, long-winded, optimistic, pessimistic, etc. Hoov has developed a reputation of honesty and expertise. But if one wishes to hear him chime in before making a move based on a recent NR, that's perfectly fine, but one should not expect, beg or, in some cases, almost demand that he post his views before opening bell.

Based on today's stock price action, I would say the NR was mildly positive, which is not far from what Hoov posted this morning a few minutes after the opening bell!

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links