Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to lethalgal's message

In response:

1. "I want to see that they are serious in creating shareholder value; disappointed with their releases"

First off, serious about creating SH value, they initiated a merger/takeover of FWR, you don't consider that an attempt at creating SH value for NOT SH's?? Second, the NOT board has continued releasing results, albeit some results (Windfall) haven't been provided. And although some on this and the FWR forums have commented that the results haven't been 'barn burners', they continue to prove up value. I suspect they will continue to drill up E1 until they have a good idea of its value (overall tonnage and grades) and then move on to other areas so that NOT continues to build value. Why continue to drill other areas and take additional years of SH money when you can prove you have what it takes for a mine and then while mining prove up the rest. Or if NOT really isn't into the mining game, sell off 1 asset at a time using the clear and proven valuation not mere speculation of the E1 value.

2. "they have nothing new, no new discoveries...and all they can do is be parasitic"

-see my comments above

As a shareholder of NOT you have to realize that going after FWR BEFORE they increase in value is better. Parasitic you say, perhaps opportunistic... I would say forward thinking. I can understand that FWR shareholders (I am one) may be upset (from what I read on the FWR board) but this is a good start for both companies, IMO.

3. "Can they properly get value out of the other properties of FWR"

Hopefully they can. I'm willing and interested in finding out.

4. "Can they be more transparent and allow the ordinary retail some info...visuals.."

Well, perhaps they've reined in the free information to anyone and everyone due to their strategic play for FWR. Kind of hard to keep your cards close to your chest when they are glued to the table for all to see. I think at this time, with this direction the company has taken, I'm ok with them being less transparent (for the time being), and perhaps for the foreseeable future depending on whether more mergers are anticipated. Whatever it takes to create more SH value for NOT creates more value for me.

As a FWR shareholder I can understand that you may have reservations (and obviously you do as stated above) but as a NOT shareholder I'm curious as to how you feel this won't increase value in NOT? You obviously believe that FWR has value, so NOT accumulating FWR should also increase NOTs value....

pymmer

Please login to post a reply
pymmer
City
Mission
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/04/2009