Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to herbertwiebe's message

Hey Herb....good post and interesting thoughts....the chromite market.

Your logic seems to be that anyone who gets to the 'Consortium' first wins. I'm not so sure. You also imply that the only way to deal the chromite.....is thru the 'consortium'.....thereby maintaining price stability and keeping (quote)"guidelines in place". What guidelines?

Your example of family insurance man and his offer of cutting insurance by up to $60% doesn't ring true to me in this market economy.....how many buyers of almost anything would turn down a 60% savings? Not me!

I see the world chromite market roughly like the diamond market when deBeers controlled the whole kit and kaboodle. The 'good ole boys' lost control of the world market for one reason....free markets! Who sells their chrome to North America and the rest of the world will ultimately come down to how cheap they can get it to market.

If NOT thinks they can mine their chrome and get it to market cheaper than FWR who's chrome is bigger, richer and shallower...then 'Go NOT GO!!'(I'm a shareholder).

At some point the 'ole boys club' becomes a monopoly...and monopolies are hinderance to a free economy. I say the cost of the product delivered to market will determine who mines and sells the chrome.

...cheers......and happy thanksgiving......sambone

Please login to post a reply
sambone
City
Summerland
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/26/2007