Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to RHammer's message

Also, some locals from Big Trout were thrown in jail for protesting against Platinex.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page66?oid=53491&sn=Detail

Recently, Platinex tried to go up in a floatplane to Big Trout and the locals ran around in boats getting in the planes way so it couldn't land.

The claims Platinex has are very close to the community and if they did put a mine in, you would definitely be able to see it from town. Not like in Webequie, where the claims are 60-80 miles from away. I know I wouldn't want someone coming in and building a mine in my backyard. You can find Big Trout Lake on google earth. If you look on the south side of the lake you may be able to see the line cutting. Its pretty easy to see when flying overhead. I lived there for a bit when I was younger, flying a floatplane and can tell you that many of those little lakes just south of Big Trout, in the middle of the platinex claims, have hunting camps on them. Mostly for Moose and Woodland Caribou. As an aside, that picture on google earth happened to be taken while the airplane I now fly was unloading freight, and you can see it parked at the airport.

Please login to post a reply
googleeye
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/16/2008
Social Links
Private Message