Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Re: rhodium
about 15 years ago
in response to Novice's message

That wasn't a pump on Spider. One isolated set of assays does not define a deposit. It does require substantial follow-up assay work. Micon made that recommendation in their 43-101 on the Big Daddy property. I hope the assays are part of their work program being budgeted right now.

The grade was not economic (around 1 g/tonne total PGE, off the top of my head). Using Bushveld as a model deposit, footwall contacts tend to be much higher grades overall, and one would hope that the same proportion of PGE was found in the higher grade zones. So, drilling has to target footwall contacts, and assays have to demonstrate similarities in geochemistry. It's still quite speculative, because only if it's ever mined will it even matter, and the footwall could be quite deep.

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/14/2008