Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

Hi all

I was more than surprised that there was only 1 question asked at the recent "Update"Lunch, and I emailed Laura IR. We should all remember to speak up at future lunches ! :)

Copies of my communication with IR follows:

To: Laura.gutteridge@norontresources.com
Cc: Jackij79@aol.com
Sent: Thu Apr 30 12:15:45 2009
Subject: (no subject)

Hi Laura
Would you be kind enough to answer several questions re the Lunch yesterday....
1) Why was there absolutely no mention of the Guest Speaker, Stewart McQuade?!
2) Why was there only 1 question during the Q and A session?!
I was stunned at this! Who comprised the audience? Were there just many analysts with preconceived
viewpoints, or Hedgies already believing they were fully informed? It seemed such an opportunity was lost. Many shareholders on the NOT Agoracom Hub have voiced profound questions that have long been ignored!
Perhaps before the next Lunch, if by "retail" you mean us shareholders, you might ask for questions from us in advance, in addition to questions from the floor. Q and A ,I think ,can often be the most revealing part of a meeting!
I've listened to the Luncheon audio and frankly, it's disappointing, but the Chrome potential sounds good and the vague reference to BB3 is exciting. Obviously we'll need both major Nickel and Chrome for a mine.
TIA for your comments, Laura
All the best,
Jacki

================================

Dear Jackie,

Joanne C. Jobin

Investor Relations & Corporate Communications

NORONT Resources Ltd

T 416 238 7226

F 905 643 8876

To: Laura.gutteridge@norontresources.com
Cc: Jackij79@aol.com
Sent: Thu Apr 30 12:15:45 2009
Subject: (no subject)

=====================================
Joanne/Laura
Thanks for your thoughtful reply.
It is nice to learn that there will be more NOT "update" lunches. Better communication with NOT shareholders is warranted ,and very much appreciated.
Sadly, many out of town shareholders are not able to get to these lunches. My suggestion was to have on hand a few written questions you have received from shareholders, in case there were no questions from the audience.
Congratulations to you and Management for presenting these shareholder Lunches. A nice gesture and most welcome indeed.
Jacki

Thank you for your questions and inquiries.
Stewart McQuade, Noront's South African Chromite consultant was unfortunately not available due to a personal conflict. The fact that his absence was not mentioned, was simply an oversight on our part, and we apologize for any consternation this may have caused.
I too am disappointed that there was only one question asked from the floor, as it was under my guidance that a broad cross section of retail shareholders be asked to the luncheon, specifically to have their questions answered.
It is not good and transparent practice to organize questions within the audience in anticipation of a Q&A Session. I don't want to be contrary here...but this was your opportunity to ask questions which you have been wanting to ask of Management and shareholders did not speak up.
I'm sorry that you were disappointed in the presentation, and I cannot add to this, except to say that Joe Hamilton, presents information a clear and forthright manner on behalf of Noront. As for your assumption of the comprised audience, I can assure you that this was a retail focused luncheon and the members of the audience where retail-oriented.
As for shareholders who participate on Agoracom and want their questions answered, this is a service we no longer subscribe to. If you have questions you would like to have answered, please contact me directly.
In closing let me say that there will be more Shareholder Update Luncheons in the future. Providing you with another opportunity to ask questions.
Best regards,
Please login to post a reply
jacki79
City
Ft. Myers, FL
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/09/2007