Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Democracy
over 15 years ago

There is no such thing. One share of our NOT is like a single taxpayer, worth about seventy cents. Most of us have a hundred shares worth between the cushions on the couch or in jeans in the closet or boxes on the dresser. A share doesn't have much value or garner much respect, just like the poor old individual tax payer. Millions of them drifting around as individuals that nobody is paying attention to. A shareholder is like a community of taxpayers. The larger you are, the more value you have and the more influence you have. The mayor of Toronto is much more likely to have an influence on provincial or National policy than the mayor of Nicky"s Nose Cove or Horsechops.(Look for it on the map!!) None of us questions that logic because thats the way things are. The only democratic thing about either is you can choose who to buy a share of and you can choose who to cast a vote for. Once that is done, things get autocratic, and even dictatorial. In politics, its the lobby groups,large cities and political parties who demonstrate that they represent a significant number of taxpayers and they call the shots. In corporate structure, individuals or institutions who demonstrate they own significant number of shares and they call the shots.

People get in these positions of authority because they are influential. They already have power. They got it from being smart, cunning and wealthy. They got it from having elaborate networks of supporters. We are now owned and controlled by a few that represent a majority. They have no appetite to pay for a forum where people can anonamously criticize what they are doing and cast suspicion on their integrity with no editorial license. The types of people who rise to these positions of authority are control freaks to the core. They have to be and we have no choice but to trust them. Civil disobedience rarely works. One of the ways that I have come to grips with that trust issue is to participate on this forum, provide as much due dilligence as I can and use the forum as a source of information. The events of the last few days makes this investment community even more crucial to us so that we can share our opinions both substantiated by fact or just gut feel.

In closing, D12 is correct with his post. We have shares in a company that has great potential at a time in our history that the potential is not needed or even valued. But that's the thing about potential isn't it? It's a futuristic term for something that we can hope for. Our company has positioned itself so that it has the funds to change the potential to reality with drill results. That's as much as we can hope for. What happens once it's proven will happen, and I can't see it benefiting the people of authority on a per share basis any more than it will benefit me.

Please login to post a reply
CMP
City
NL
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/25/2008
Social Links