Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Winfall report
almost 16 years ago

I spoke to the office last weekend about Windfall.

This is my interpretation of the conversation.

Windfall is very much an open topic.

Decisions will be based on assays yet to come in.

Chip samples and muck samples were both taken.

Jackleg and jumbo drills within the ramp were used as the means to explore around hole 100 and other areas.

Assays will tell them what general concentration of gold there is. Even though we are talking of veins they are still trying to measure concentrations – as in a bowl of multicolored beans, how many gold beans are mixed in with the black beans.

One unexpected problem they did run into but were able to solve to satisfy environmental requirements at this point, was high levels of nitrates, which can be hard on the environment.

Samples are at the assayers waiting to be or in the process of being assayed.

In the end it depends on the new board what will be done once the assay results are received.

I asked for a time frame for assay results but one was not available.

This is because until the new board meets there is no position yet taken on where to go from here. It may be that they decide not to release the assay results at all.

My own thoughts from this conversation are:

Doesn’t the company have to release results in a timely fashion?

It may be that since the company has not been ‘selling’ the company based on windfall, they may not be under any legal obligation to release results.

But why wouldn’t they? Not sure, unless it is for strategic reasons that I cannot fathom.

In conclusion, even though I did not get a promised timetable on windfall assay results, I would expect them to be released as soon as they are available, especially if they are strongly positive.

Overall the convesation on Windfall was positive, all milestones were met, the job was completed, but tempered by the fact that what direction the new board will take is not known.

BK

Please login to post a reply
bravekind
City
Williamsburg
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/04/2007