Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to MISFIT1's message

With all due respect, according to NOT, the mucked material from Windfall might be subject to further "metallurgical testing". This does not require it to be put through a commercial-sized mill. In fact, it usually means "bench scale". I think that we should forget about recovering substantial amounts of gold from this "testing". However, the grades may ultimately prove to be higher than the apparent grades from select sampling of mucked rounds. I am not convinced at this stage that the sampling undertaken so far is representative. With museum-quality samples in an orebody, if you miss one, or a portion thereof........???? I am also concerned with the possibility of unauthorized removal of "showcase" specimens. This is a major problem at some mines, such as some in Timmins and Kirkland Lake. If you think that this is not considered serious, then think again.........there has been for years a special "gold squad" operated by either the OPP or RCMP in Ontario to combat this theft problem at gold mines in the province.

geoprof

Please login to post a reply
geoprof
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/22/2008