Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to herbertwiebe's message

My first post even though I have owned NOT and been a lurker since Sept/2007. Just had a call from Omar re Noront. He seemed to be reluctant to admit he was calling for Rosseau as he kept saying he was for the Shareholders. Even though I had already voted for R.N and current BoD last week, and have no intention of changing my vote, I tried to keep him on the phone as long as possible. So, I told him to give me some reasons why I should change my vote. For about 25 min. he gave me reasons which I was politely able to shoot down one by one, thanks to the many informative posts on this wonderful Forum. I asked him how a Hedge Fund would be better equiped to run a mining company than seasoned mining experts. His answer was if I had heard of Bruce Durham. I told him that I was aware that Mr. Durham was a Director of Temex and that the last time I looked, TME was trading @ .12/share. How would that be an improvement over Richard Nemis and his team whom I trust 100% to look after my interests. How could anybody vote for a new team that says 2 new Directors would step down after the vote, as well as a replacement for Mr Nemis would also be announced after the vote. This sounds to me like I am being asked to vote blindfolded. As his last reason he gave me for the change was "Noront's non-performance". So I asked him whether he could tell me of another junior mining Co. that has had so many discoveries in such a short time. He admitted, yes , they have had many discoveries, but the price has gone down!! He omitted to tell me what role they played in that process. M any more items were covered, but at the risk of boring everybody too much, I refrain from expanding on them. At the end he dejectedly thanked me for my time, and I thanked him for his time. It is sad that somebody who does not have access to our Hub and is therefore less informed of latest events, might be misled by their untruths. Myheartfelt thanks to all the great posters on this Forum who give so generously of their time to research, phone calls, etc and share their information and knowledge for the good of all shareholders. GLTA Notmine

Please login to post a reply
notmine
City
Toronto
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/09/2008
Social Links