Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Boatboy's message

I think it can be safely assumed that Fancamp was fully aware of the drill positioning, and that it crossed the claim boundary.

There is NO WAY the hole was terminated in a mineralized zone because of issues of ownership. There is a physical limit to the length of drill string that can be turned from the surface. The longer the string, the greater the frictional load. I'm sure the technical issue was simply that the rig could no longer turn the bit at that great depth......more than seven football fields deep, almost 200 meters greater than the height of the CN tower.

I think it's great to see collaboration on exploration activities in the ROF. And I don't think it's too much of a coincidence that other companies are releasing assay results this week, before our AGM.

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/14/2008