Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

Misfit - this is great. I did a search for how many shares Mr. Nemis has and before I found that tidbit, your post from last July on SH came up. Good one! Including the love of fishing... and worth the repost I think...

Misfit from July 2007-

Interesting posts of late. It is smart of any investor to check the credentials of any CEO or President representing a company on the TSX Venture (or any other exchange for that matter). The challenge is that even with what seems to be the most legitimate companies, the shareholders never find out until it is too late. Worldcom, Anderson Consulting, Enron. These were big Fortune 500 companies with shysters in charge. Then of course there is Bre-X where the President lost as much as everybody else because of a Geology team with no ethics. Interesting news today on Bre-x and the trial that lasted 7 years. Anyway, having been here since November, I will share with you what I know about Mr. Nemis that I gleaned off of the elders who ran the board at that time, and of course ShareWizard who I think was tapping his phone (just a joke SW). - Turns 70 next year. - He likes to take time off to fish in the fall. - He has more than enough money to be happy (multimillions) and is doing Noront with his buddy John Harvey (former President of Hemlo Gold and chief Geologist for Noront) to become famous rather more than rich. To discover and announce what could be the biggest Gold find in Canada's history is what supposedly drives them. - Loves to make deals and as a lawyer is quite good at it. - Runs a small shop and even granted stock options to staff including the secretary last Christmas, though at .75 cents this may look more like coal in the stocking than Gold at the moment. - Actually answers the phone if you call him. - Has enough connections in the industry (IBK, Pinetree, ...) to have raised excellent capital ($15 Million) in less than a week on a company with a market cap of $10 Million the week before. - Is part owner of the largest structural steel company in Northern Ontario (did I mention he is rich). - Never tries to put lipstick on a pig, nor hype a horse that he knows is a winner. Extremely low key with the company. And let's not forget, the one we will all thank when the motherload is taken out of Windfall. M1.

Please login to post a reply
bravekind
City
Williamsburg
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/04/2007
Social Links