Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

Falconbridge discovered the first major Ni/Cu deposit there in the mid 50s. Mining did not begin until 1997. Why the delay? Low metal prices, transportation issues and insufficient tonnage. Exploration since the first discovery has resulted in significant increase in tonnage, ocean transportation issues have been resolved and of course, metal prices have improved significantly. Why compare Ungava to ROF? Relatively high grades of Ni/Cu and PGEs. Long linear extent of favourable geology and the association of Ni/Cu mineralization with ultramafic rocks. However, no known chromite deposits at Ungava. But one can't have everything. Just look at the map below and use your imagination. Look at the sizes and grades of individual deposits. You be the judge. Am I hyping....I don't think so. I'm just trying to use my knowledge as a geo (we are always optimistic) to perhaps give some sense to the scope and ultimate size of what will be found in the McFaulds Lake area. The map is from an NRCan publication on magmatic deposits.

Respectfully submitted

geoprof

Please login to post a reply
geoprof
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined