Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to seawind's message

seawind,

If you recall Noront has used many labs throughout this Windfall and then DE multi core test phase.

Focusing on DE I will attempt help you all remember because I can't. I will lay it out and then the others will correct me or add to the info as required.

As I recall core has been sent to just about every lab between Thunder Bay and the East Coast.

As I recall we even sent some core to Australia for rhodium testing. Then we were told all core required retesting for Rhodium. did it go to Australia to? I don't know. I don't even know the results yet.

As I recall Nemis was paying extra to expedite the core until recently. Paying extra now get you no closer to the front of the line.

Since the core coming out of DE will increase exponentially in the nxt few years, Noront found it in their best interests to approach act labs for a solution to the coming problems or bottlenecks.

The Thunder Bay Airport is the result of that. This will be huge and with 60 employees should alleviate the bottleneck for the short term.

My understanding is that they are not fully functional yet but are ramping up and I do believe they have some core there from the DE zone whether it be Noront or FWR. Not sure.

I am waiting for Don Hoy to settle from Calgary and then I will approach him to see if he can arrange for me to interview the lab with a camera and pics for the forum.

I may also be able to get in through Con College here as well. This just takes time and I am involved with volunteer work for my community so I'll have to squeeze it in as best I can..

There may also be a preference from NOT for quality work. Would have been a good question for Don Hoy in Calgary..

Don

Please login to post a reply
donypee
City
thunder bay, ontario
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/23/2007